WELCOME to the Madison Methodist Church Missions page. Please read all that is here and find out more about who we are, how we are aiming to share the love of Jesus and how you might get involved with us. Madison Methodist Church response teams are currently working to meet the needs of our community by volunteering to pick up and deliver groceries, help with yard work, perform handy-man tasks and many other things. If you could use some help or are looking for a safe place to serve, email Steve Potter at email@example.com.
Madison MC continues to look for significant ways to be a part of Christ's mission to the world, going out beyond the gathered life of the church to present Him in deeds of love and words that tell others about God's love and kingdom.
As we do, there are numerous opportunities through Madison MC to participate in Christ's mission through prayers, gifts, presence, service, and witness both locally, regionally/nationally, and internationally.
**To SUBMIT Service/Witness Interests for Missions, CLICK HERE, and a point person from respective missions areas will follow-up with you soon.
- Be a part of supporting the Moody family (Todd, Katie, Andrew, Conner, & Wesley) personally & in the ministry to which the Lord has called them as they serve through Legacy Mission International
- Serve in mission with the Moodys by being part of a MMC mission team that travels to Honduras
- We sent a mission team to Honduras to support their ministry on June 24-July 1, 2023.
- Contact Micah Anglin (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more info
- Meeting small home repairs and relational needs of the people in the Mississippi Delta
- Opportunities for intergenerational ministry (about ages 7 years old and up)
- Madison MC will be planning more trips to travel to the Mississippi Delta to continue to work on the Madison House and other projects to benefit those in poverty.
- Our next Delta Grace mission day is on December 2
Contact Matthew Thompson email@example.com for more info
- Since 1986, HFHMCA has built over 630 houses in partnership with low-income families in need. Our homeowners complete 250 hours of sweat equity building their homes and the homes of others and completing financial and homeowner training. HFHMCA homeowners buy their homes through zero-interest mortgage payments over 30 years. Volunteers help us keep construction costs down. Without volunteers, HFHMCA could not partner with low income families to build and invest in affordable homes with a no-interest mortgage. Work has included new home construction, rehabilitation of existing homes, and such things as landscaping.
- MMC recently teamed up with other Methodist churches to build a home in June 3, 2023.
- Contact David Coon (601-605-2455) for more info
- We will be supporting outreach ministry with our Hispanic friends in Canton (which may include a Spring health fair & annual Christmas party/ministry)
- Contact Felipe Zuluaga (601-813-7974) for more info
- MMC supports Kairos Inside (women) & Kairos Outside, ministries for women who are incarcerated or affected by incarceration respectively
- The most recent Kairos weekend was Oct. 7-10, 2022 and people are signing up now for the fall 2023 event
- Contact Coralen Cain for Outside (601-842-0065) for more info.
- There are opportunities to provide non-perishable food items throughout the year & serve on Mondays & Wednesdays to distribute food to clients & prepare for the following week's distribution
- Contact Kathy Long (601-466-0135) for more info
- Join a group that makes "plarn" (plastic yarn from cut strips of plastic shopping bags) sleeping mats for homeless friends
- Meets on Sundays at 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm in the Chapel Basement
- Contact Donna Peyton (601-519-8002) for more information
- We will be exploring how we can increase service opportunities, including skilled/manual labor as well as relational ministry
We recently supported the Methodist Children’s Home “Little Light of Mine” project last winter and had a painting project in June of 2023.
Contact Kristen Harwell (601-383-6128) for more info
- Our most recent Rise Against Hunger meal packing event was on May 21, 2023. We packed over 20,000 meals! Our church participates in this mission annually.
- Our next RAH event will be in February 2024
- Contact Kathy Long (601-466-0135) for more information
- We have begun a relationship with the CPC to provide funding and volunteers for their different programs.
- Contact Katie Williams (601-540-3617) for more information
- Ministries often include such things as medical, dental, VBS, teacher training, Women's Bible study, teen soccer ministry, construction, and evangelism
- Our most recent Salt and Light Mission trip was on June 1-8, 2023
- Contact Phil Hinton (601-940-9033) for more information
- Shade and Fresh Water is a national network of after-school programs for at-risk children and teenagers across Brazil
- We are currently sending funds to a church in Sao Paulo to support their local Shade and Fresh Water Project
- Contact Rev. Barry Male (601-856-6058) for more information about this ministry
- We support missionaries who have over a decade of experience in Eastern Europe/Western Asia. We cannot share their names with you because it would be dangerous for them but they joined the World Hope team in 2012 as volunteer teachers of English at the education center. They direct the programs and community development projects within the country they serve. They also serve in an underground church and are in a country that is over 95% Muslim.
- House Church Update from spring 2023: Last month we had a wonderful celebration on Easter Sunday with 32 people in attendance. We worshiped in song, read Scripture, and took the Lord's Supper together. Two new believers celebrated the resurrection for the very first time! Then afterwards we enjoyed a meal together of stuffed grape leaves and rice cooked with beef, raisins, apricots, and onions, followed by cake and hot tea. It was a beautiful day to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord together!
- These missionaries shared with us about their ministry at our worship services on Sunday, July 16, and you can go to our YouTube channel to hear their testimony
- Contact Rev. Barry Male (601-856-6058) for more information about this ministry.
- The Connection is a Ridgeland based-youth group with children ages 5-18 started by Chuck and Katie Meador over 17 years ago. We meet the children where they are, creating a safe place for them to just be themselves-some have a home church, most of them do not. An average of 30-40 kids each Wednesday night have free time, eat a meal, have a Bible lesson and discuss the lesson in small groups.
- They meet from 5-6:30 at Holmes Community College in Ridgeland most Wednesdays. Our volunteers are from different area churches (First Baptist Madison, Vertical Church, Christ United Methodist, Madison Methodist).
- For more information contact: Sarah Largen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601-506-5265
- We have paused our Celebrate Recovery ministry and are considering how and when to launch new recovery groups.
- Contact Rodger Wasson (601-460-0071) for more information about these potential groups
Local Mission (Jerusalem, Judea, & Samaria)
Mat Weavers Ministry
Delta Grace (Sunflower, MS)
Habitat for Humanity
Kairos Inside Prison Ministries
Kairos Outside Prison Ministries
MadCAAP (Madison Countians Allied Against Poverty)
Methodist Children's Home
Methodist Men's Club
Ronald McDonald House
Praying Pelican - Metro Mission Team hosting
National & International Mission (Ends of the Earth)
- Legacy Mission International (Moody missionaries to Honduras)
Salt & Light Ministry Foundation (Honduras)
Shade and Fresh Water Project (Brazil)
Missionaries (eastern Europe/western Asia)
Rise Against Hunger